The One Thing You Don't Want to Miss
At the heart of town is the unusual Cathedral of Málaga, built over two centuries ago on the site of the former main mosque. It features 17th-century carved choir stalls, fine pictures and 103 individually carved saints.
Other Fun Things to Do
- Explore the numerous museums of Málaga, as well as the Gibralfaro Castle and Alcazaba.
- Visit the town of Nerja and its famous cave, considered one of the most beautiful in Europe. Inside the cave are impressive stalagmites and stalactites and the exceptional 105-foot-high central column in the Cataclysm Chamber.
- Behold the arabesque fantasy of Grenada's Alhambra Palace - one of Spain's greatest architectural accomplishments.
- The Picasso Museum holds more than 3,800 works by the artist.
- Stop by Larios Street for fabulous shopping along the streets and surrounding the area's cathedral.
Get a Taste of Local Flavor
When you're in Spain, you can't miss tapas, light snacks that can range from olives and cheese to elaborately prepared hot dishes. You can find them at tapas bars in almost any city in Spain, including Málaga.
The Euro (EUR), the currency of the European Union, is the official currency of Spain. Many stores and restaurants also accept major credit cards, which usually offer you a good exchange rate. When shopping, remember there is a Value-Added Tax added to most purchases.
Weather in Malaga, Spain
|| 3.3 in
|| 8.38 cm