The One Thing You Don't Want to Miss
When you're in Juneau, you shouldn't miss the amazing glacial landscape. The best view available is from the seat of a helicopter on one of our shore excursions, where you can watch for bear, mountain goats, and moose. Then, once you've landed, we'll take you on a once-in-a-lifetime dogsled ride.
Other Fun Things to Do
- Relive Juneau's gold-rush history and pan for gold in the authentic setting of Gold Creek. Trace the route taken by Joe Juneau and Richard Harris in their search for gold over 100 years ago. Get hands-on experience panning for gold in Gold Creek. "Guaranteed gold in every pan!" Then explore Juneau's mining past with a look at the remnants of a century-old mine.
- Fly in a floatplane over five breathtaking glaciers to the Taku Glacier Lodge for a king salmon feast. And don't be surprised if a black bear wanders into the yard.
- Take a fully narrated helicopter flight over four translucent glaciers within the Juneau Ice Field. You'll soar past towering peaks and picturesque alpine lakes on this exciting adventure.
- Explore Juneau on foot. With more trails than roads, Alaska's capital features world-class hiking - through glacial waterfalls and the largest temperate rain forest in the state.
- You won't have to tell your friends about "the one that got away" when you go sportfishing in Alaska. The waters abound with king and silver salmon.
- On Auke Bay, take a high-speed catamaran ride specifically designed for wildlife-watching. The bay is rich with humpback and killer whales, sea lions, and porpoises.
- Helicopter glacier trekking is one of the most exciting ways to explore the scenic wonders of the glaciers. We'll fly you in and hike with you in some of the most fascinating areas in the world. And no experience is necessary.
Get a Taste of Local Flavor
Don't miss the true taste of Alaska at an authentic Alaskan Salmon Bake with all the trimmings. You'll taste some of the freshest, most delicious salmon in the world.
The official currency of the United States is the U.S. Dollar (USD).
Weather in Juneau, Alaska
|| 4.5 in
|| 11.43 cm
Before You Visit
For accessibility information while visiting Juneau, please visit Alaska Accessible Travel's website.
Learn more about this port city with these tourist information guides.