The One Thing You Don't Want to Miss
Discover the influence of the old Hanseatic League in the well-preserved medieval quarter of Tallinn, with its narrow cobblestone alleyways. You'll find old walls, winding cobbled lanes and buildings that date back to the Middle Ages.
Other Fun Things to Do
- Tour the Upper Town of Tallinn and explore the open-air museum of Rocca-al-Mare.
- View Toompea Castle, in the upper part of the Old Town. Dating from the first half of the 13th century, the castle has undergone much reconstruction and is now fronted by the pink Parliament House built in 1773.
- Take a bike tour that includes a visit to the picturesque area of Kakumae or one that includes Rocca-al-Mare.
- See Kadriorg, an English garden founded by Peter the Great. There, you'll find Kadriorg Palace, built in 1718 as one of his summer palaces. It is closed on Mondays to all except Royal Caribbean Cruise Line tours.
- Experience the spirit of this old town, see its sights and medieval details on one of our bike tours which start at the Rocca al Mare Museum, which displays ancient rural buildings from the 18th and 19th century.
Get a Taste of Local Flavor
Estonia is known for its local specialties such as Herring & rootbeet salad, Pork Chops with Sourkraut and Curds or Cheese Cake.
The official currency of Estonia is the Euro (EUR).
Weather in Tallinn, Estonia
|| 1.8 in
|| 4.57 cm