The One Thing You Don't Want to Miss
Some consider Samana Bay to be the best place in the world to watch whales. Every January thousands of Humpbacks migrate south to Samana Bay and during mating season you can find up to 300 at any given time. Come catch a glimpse of these magnificent mammals as they frolic, sing, and show off.
Other Fun Things To Do
- Hike or go horseback riding up to the beautiful El Salto del Limón. Its hundred-foot waterfall features a refreshing natural swimming pool - ideal for cooling off after a long hike.
- Lush mangroves and limestone caves await at the Los Haïtises National Park.
- Grab some sunscreen and a good book - there are plenty of pristine beaches awaiting your arrival. Playa Rincon, on the eastern part of the peninsula, has been voted one of the world's best by Condé Nast Traveler.
- Cast out for the catch of the day on a deep-sea fishing expedition.
- Enjoy a fun-filled day on beautiful Cayo Levantado. This is the perfect family excursion offering swimming, snorkeling and shopping.
Get a Taste of Local Flavor
Make time to tour the town of Las Terranas. You'll be pleasantly surprised by the choice of tasty bakeries, and restaurants with world-class menus.
Dominican Republic Peso.
Weather in Samana, Dominican Republic
|| 5.7 in
|| 14.48 cm