While on Your Cruisetour
Explore the Roman Forum, Trevi Fountain and other wonders of this ancient city. Picture the gladiators and their chariots on an interior tour of the Colosseum. Bask in the glory of Vatican City, with an inside look at St. Peter's Square, St. Peter's Basilica, the Vatican Museum and the magnificent Sistine Chapel.
The One Thing You Don't Want to Miss
Experience the history of Rome as you wander around the Colosseum and Roman Forum.
Other Fun Things to Do
- Explore the amazing history and culture of Rome. Stop at the Ara Pacis, or Altar of Peace, a Roman sacrificial altar enclosed in a screen of Parian marble.
- Visit the Vatican Museum, where you can walk through the many rooms that house the largest art collection in the world.
- Travel through magnificent St. Peter's Basilica, the largest church in the world.
- View the Sistine Chapel, a masterpiece of Renaissance art, the ceiling of which was painted by Michelangelo.
- Toss a coin in the famous Trevi Fountain - a way to ensure that you'll always return to Rome.
Get a Taste of Local Flavor
There are many varieties of pasta available with a wide range of sauces. Bucatini all'Amatricana, a thick spaghetti in a tangy tomato and bacon sauce, is one example associated with Rome. Osso Bucco, also popular, is a casserole of veal shin flavored with garlic, tomatoes and wine. For dessert, try ricotta cake, a form of cheesecake, or Zuppa Inglese, a liqueur-soaked sponge cake covered with custard, similar to English trifle.
The Euro (EUR), the currency of the European Union, is the official currency of Italy. Many stores and restaurants also accept major credit cards, which usually offer you a good exchange rate. When shopping, remember there is a Value-Added Tax added to most purchases.
Weather in Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
|| 1.49 in
|| 3.78 cm