While on Your Cruisetour
- Head to Tropical North Queensland, where you'll explore melaleuca wetlands and riverine rain forests. See how many of the 500 different species of eucalyptus you can identify as you trek through the eucalypt woodland.
- Witness a world-famous feeding frenzy (without becoming croc-bait) at Australia's own Crocodile Attack Show.
- Swim with the fishes - literally, thousands of species - on a full day of snorkeling, diving and frolicking at the Great Barrier Reef. You can bet you'll no longer be wondering why it's one of the Seven Wonders.
Other Fun Things to Do
- Looking for a rush? Take your adventure to the next level and try white-water rafting in a rain forest.
- Hop on a paddlewheeler for a peaceful sightseeing excursion through Trinity Inlet, a marshy area known to Aussies as the Everglades.
- Reel in a red emperor, mackerel or snag yourself a marlin that, no joke, really is "this big."
- Take the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway over Australia's World Heritage-listed tropical rainforest canopy and deep into the forest. Spanning 7.5 kilometers over pristine rainforest, Skyrail allows you to explore the wonders of an ancient tropical rainforest and learn about one of the most botanically fascinating and diverse areas on earth.
The local currency used in Cairns is the Australian dollar (AUD). Credit cards are widely accepted. And you can use your ATM card at banks around the country as long as your card is connected to the international banking network. Traveler's checks are also accepted.
Weather in Cairns, Australia
|| 9.05 in
|| 22.99 cm
Before You Visit
Whether you're looking to windsurf or sail. Swim, snorkel or scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef. Find a palm-fringed beach to read and relax. Visit the World Heritage Rain Forest. Or spend the day exploring Carins. You'll find it here.