While On Your Cruisetour
Originally called “Glacier City,” Girdwood’s glacier tours and sites are truly breathtaking. Experience Alaska in quintessential fashion with a tram ride 2,300 feet up Mt. Alyeska for a view of Turnagain Arm (an extension of Cook Inlet) and seven different area glaciers. From fine-dining restaurants high above the slopes, to gold-mining relics left behind from the turn of the century, this resort town is sure to make a lasting impression.
Other Fun Things to Do
- Explore the small shops in the nearby town of Girdwood.
- Go kayaking or hiking while taking in the picture-perfect scenery.
- Go paragliding or take a sled dog trip through the surrounding glaciers—available year round.
- Journey the Crow Pass Trail, known as the most impressive trek in the area.
- Flight-see over glaciers and the amazing Prince William Sound.
- Visit the 140-acre Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center.
The official currency of the United States is the U.S. Dollar (USD).
Weather in Alyeska, Alaska
|| 11.26 in
|| 28.6 cm
Before You Visit
Learn more about this port city with these tourist information guides.