While On Your Cruisetour
Many cruisetours visiting Fairbanks enjoy a cruise to an Athabascan Indian Village on the Riverboat Discovery Sternwheeler and/or a tour of the El Dorado Gold Mine on a narrow-gauge track that winds through a reconstructed mining camp. Surrounded by wilderness, you'll find nearby areas perfect for hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, skiing, camping, fishing, and more.
Other Fun Things to Do
- Take a thrilling flightseeing tour across the Arctic Circle.
- Wander around the century-old log cabins at Alaskaland, a 44-acre pioneer park.
- Visit the University of Alaska Fairbanks Museum.
- Get a close-up look at Alaska’s wildlife, from cranes and swans at Creamer’s Field to moose and grizzly bears at neighbor, Denali National Park and Preserve.
- Witness the beauty and mystery of the northern lights as they light up the night sky in shades of yellow, green, red, and purple. Best time to catch this phenomenon is late evening through early morning hours.
- Explore rural villages and see migrating polar bears or go fly-fishing in remote streams.
The official currency of the United States is the U.S. Dollar (USD).
Weather in Fairbanks, Alaska
|| 0.5 in
|| 1.27 cm
Before You Visit
Learn more about this port city with these tourist information guides.