The One Thing You Don't Want to Miss
Experience a once-in-a-lifetime adventure: snorkeling with stingrays at Stingray City Sandbar. These relatively tame creatures will swim right into your arms as they glide around you. They have velvety soft skin and love to have their bellies rubbed. Despite their frightening name, they are very gentle and won't hurt you as long as you stay away from their tails.
Other Fun Things to Do
- Take a tour through the charming city of George Town, the capital of the Cayman Islands. Stop at the town of Hell, whose name was inspired by its unusual rock formations. Visit the Turtle Farm, an interactive sea-turtle nursery where green and hawksbill turtles are bred and raised.
- Explore a seemingly endless stretch of magnificent coastline at Grand Cayman's world-famous Seven-Mile Beach.
- Sail the beautiful waters of the North Sounds, stopping by Stingray City, aboard a 60-foot racing catamaran.
- Surround yourself with exotic marine life and huge coral formations as you explore the underwater world in a submarine.
- Experience a bird's-eye perspective of Grand Cayman on an exciting helicopter tour.
- Swim with stingrays, dolphins and turtles and complete this adventure tour at Tiki Beach on Seven Mile Beach.
- Paddle along Grand Cayman's world-renowned Seven-Mile Beach on a kayaking adventure.
- Explore a historic shipwreck while snorkeling the beautiful Cayman waters.
- Explore the island and get a great workout at the same time, cycling through the island's quaint villages.
Shopping for Bargains
Grand Cayman is humorously referred to as "Brand Cayman" by those savvy shoppers who know the island's reputation for fabulous duty-free prices on designer merchandise. Great bargains abound on jewelry and watches from Caribbean Hook, Chopard, Honora, House of Tanzanite, John Atencio, John Hardy, Kabana, Roberto Coin, Starnight, Alfex, Cartier, Concord, Faconnable, Gucci, Maurice Lacroix, Michele, Movado, Wenger and more. Fine china, crystal, perfumes, leather, rum cakes, and liquor are available at bargain prices. Local crafts and treasure coins found in retail shops in George Town are also great buys.
The official currency of the Cayman Islands is the Cayman Islands dollar (KYD). U.S. dollars, credit cards, and traveler's checks are widely accepted.
Weather in George Town, Grand Cayman
|| 2.17 in
|| 5.51 cm