The One Thing You Don't Want to Miss
What makes the Brandenburg Gate, which can be seen in Berlin, such a must-visit landmark goes beyond its classical columns and friezes. The real intrigue lies within its stories. Over the years this historic structure has stood for many things - most recently as a symbol of peace and freedom when a divided Germany became one in 1989.
Other Fun Things to Do
- Visit the Hanseatic town of Rostock and tour St. Mary's Church, which features a Baroque organ and an astronomical clock that dates back to 1472.
- See the historic divide of the Berlin Wall Memorial.
- See the tallest structure in Germany, Fernsehturm, otherwise known as the Berlin TV Tower and dine at its revolving restaurant overlooking the city.
- Stroll along the picturesque oldtown of Warnemünde, with its quaint fisherman houses and cobblestone streets.
- Overlook the Baltic Sea and northern districts of Rostock from The Lighthouse, approximately 121 feet high.
- Take a bicycle tour of coastal Warnemünde and its charming countryside or go windsurfing and sailing.
Get A Taste Of Local Flavors
Warnemünde is sprinkled with wonderful bistros where you can sample the knockwurst and, of course, some of the world's best beer.
The official currency of Germany is the Euro (EUR).
Weather in Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany
|| 1.31 in
|| 3.33 cm