The One Thing You Don't Want to Miss
Probably the most charming way to discover this historic city is by carriage. Take a carriage ride through the Victorian-era streets and let your driver take you back through history.
Other Fun Things to Do
- Spend a lazy day relaxing on the beach or fishing off the coast.
- Discover the famed historic Strand District and have fun shopping in the city's more than 100 curio shops, outlets, antique stores, art galleries, and numerous museums and gardens.
- Explore some of the most historic buildings in Texas - Victorian homes and businesses that have withstood hurricanes, fire and modern development.
- Stop by the Grand Opera House, ranked as one of the nation's finest historic theaters.
- Visit Moody Gardens, featuring a two-million-gallon aquarium, a 3D IMAX Theater, an IMAX Ridefilm, and a twelve-story tropical rain forest.
Get a Taste of Local Flavor
There aren't many places where you can enjoy Gulf shrimp, Louisiana crawfish, Galveston Bay oysters, and soft-shell crabs while you watch the very ships that caught them at work. The seafood here is fresh and always delicious.
The official currency of the United States is the U.S. Dollar (USD).
Sample Destinations from our Cruises from Galveston
Cruises departing from Galveston visit the following destinations:
Weather in Galveston, Texas
|| 4.25 in
|| 10.8 cm
Before You Visit
Learn more about this port city with these tourist information guides.