The One Thing You Don't Want to Miss
Cabo San Lucas is quickly becoming a popular destination for one reason: beautiful beaches. You'll find an amazing choice of activities here, from snorkeling and scuba diving to surfing and kayaking. There's something for everyone, even people who just want to lie in the sun and relax.
Other Fun Things to Do
- Gaze from atop the cliffs at the very far end of the bay at the unforgettable view of Land's End's craggy rock arches and dramatic seascape.
- Sail to beautiful Chileno Bay, one of the best beaches in the area. There you'll enjoy snorkeling in the clear, turquoise waters filled with manta rays, turtles, and hundreds of tropical fish.
- Cruise the waters of Los Cabos to search for humpback and gray whales.
- Race towards Regatta victory on a romantic and thrilling New Zealand Team racing yacht.
- Watch local artisans blow heated glass into crystalline works of art on a tour of a local glass-blowing factory.
Paddle across San Lucas Bay, past Pelican Rock and around Los Arcos in a kayak. Then head for the place where the Sea of Cortez kisses the Pacific Ocean at the famous Lovers Beach. Appropriately named, this hidden cove has snorkeling and beautiful rocky cliffs that you will fall in love with.
Shopping for Bargains
Mexico boasts some of the finest arts and crafts, sterling silver jewelry and leather. Take a memory of Mexico and her people home with authentic Mexican crafts such as an original ceramic vase, a colorful painting, a pre-Columbian replica or an embroidered cotton blouse. In Cabo San Lucas you can find great deals on colorful Huichol bead work, Talavera plates, "Day of the Dead" paraphernalia, Silver D'Argenta Sculptures, Mexican fire opals and Mexico's famed silver jewelry and designs, including .925 silver from Taxco. Cabo offers fantastic bargains on aquamarine jewelry from Kabana; fashionable pearls from Honora; quality tanzanite from the House of Tanzanite; and watches by Maurice Lacroix and Alfex.
Mexico's currency is the peso (MXN). The $ sign is used to refer to pesos, so don't be shocked at the price tags. Any prices in U.S. dollars are listed as US$ or USD. Many hotels, restaurants and shops also accept major credit cards, which usually offer you a good exchange rate.
Weather in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
|| 0.2 in
|| 0.51 cm