The One Thing You Don't Want to Miss
Visit the historic cannery, dating back to 1930. It has been fully restored to provide visitors with a glimpse of this interesting part of Alaskan history. The original cookhouse has also been renovated for family-style dining, the Alaskan way.
Other Fun Things to Do
- Take a flightseeing tour of spectacular nearby Glacier Bay.
- Take the Whale & Marine Mammals Cruise to Point Adolphus - one of Alaska's premier humpback whale watching destinations.
- Learn the rich cultural history of Icy Strait Point and its people at the Tribal Dance & Cultural Legends show.
- Spin cast or fly fish along the pristine banks of Game Greek in Icy Strait Point, a prime spot for freshwater stream fishing.
- Take a tour of the Spasski River Valley, where you will learn about the Tlingit village of Hoonah, the rainforest ecology and the habits and character of the local Brown bears. You may even spot a bear!
Alaska is home to so many extreme adventures, and Icy Strait Point is no exception. Enjoy biking, ocean kayaking and fishing in this beautiful wilderness.
Get a Taste of Local Flavor
Experience Alaskan history while eating some of the freshest fish you've ever tasted at the Historic Fish House. You'll find freshly caught wild salmon, halibut, crab and other Alaskan delicacies at this restored fish house on the waterfront.
The official currency of the United States is the U.S. Dollar (USD).
Weather in Icy Strait Point, Alaska
|| 3.1 in
|| 7.87 cm