The One Thing You Don't Want to Miss
Explore Geiranger Fjord, one of the most beautiful fjords in Norway, with towering mountainsides and numerous waterfalls. The fjord stretches inland some 10 miles, fed by gushing waterfalls, including the Seven Sisters, the Suitor, and the Bridal Veil.
Other Fun Things to Do
- Journey through forest-clad hills down to Hornindal Lake, which is approximately 6 to 7 hours away from Geiranger. At more than 1,500 feet, it is the deepest freshwater lake in Europe.
- Check out Geiranger Church, a quaint wooden church built in an octagonal shape with a lovely view of the countryside and the cruise ships below.
- Visit the Norwegian Fjord Centre across the road from the beautiful Hotel Union.
- Journey through the many hiking paths or take an exciting boat tour of the Geirangerfjord.
- Get an up close view at nature while kayaking on the Geirangerfjord or feel the adrenaline rush as you go rafting down the Valldola River.
- Go for a walk along the fjord and visit the cosy Homlong café on the south side for authentic home-made food.
- Capture the beautiful landscapes from Geiranger’s most popular mountain top, Dalsnibba.
The unit of currency in Norway is the Krone (NOK). Major credit cards are also widely accepted and often offer a good exchange rate.
Weather in Geiranger, Norway
|| 0.9 in
|| 2.29 cm