Get off the beaten path in search of black bears. Depart via a narrated van transfer for Clover Passage, where a high-speed boat will take you on a breathtaking, 34-mile ride to Neets Bay. Look for bears as they forage along the shoreline and pounce on salmon entering the streams. Then make a stop near a salmon hatchery, where it is common to see several bears at once.
• Bears in the Wild: Safely observe and photograph black bears in their habitat, as they feed on spawning salmon.
• High-Speed Cruise: Marvel at the picturesque scenery of the Ketchikan region as the vessel zips to Neets Bay.
• Expert Guide: Get insights on all the action and wildlife, including the bald eagles and seals that frequent this area.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Warm layered clothing
• Although bear sightings are not guaranteed, bears have been sighted on more than 95% of these tours over the past 8 years.
• Local waters can be rough at times; this tour is not for guests with neck/back problems or for pregnant women.
• Dress warmly in layers.
• A raincoat, binoculars, snack, and bottled water are provided.