Climb the world-renowned Dunn's River Falls where water cascades 600 feet down and into the ocean. The Falls are located near Ocho Rios, an approximate 1-hour 15-minute drive. The area is known as the location for the legendary battle of "Las Chorreras," which was fought in 1657. Ascend the natural stone staircase hand-in-hand through cool rushing water and brace yourself as you pass beautiful panoramic views and flora and fauna. Then, prepare to get wet as your Fall's guide points out pools or lagoons for a cool and refreshing swim. You'll also have the option of people-watching at the observation deck that's adjacent to the Falls. (Water shoes for climbing the Falls available for purchase from your tour guide. There will be a quick stop to pick up water shoes from your tour providers' staff member who will be waiting in a vehicle on the way to the Falls to expedite delivery.) Next, stop at Reggae Hill where you will be able to purchase lunch.
Then there will then be a short stop for shopping on the way back to the ship at Culture Touch (dependent upon time constraints and tour guide's discretion). This is a store that specializes in offering high quality Jamaican-made products that make great gifts and reminders of your trip. You will be able to purchase unique t-shirts, liquor, organic body products, Jamaican coffee, rum cakes, hand-rolled cigars, and more.
• Dunn's River Falls: Ascend the giant natural stairs and dip in natural plunge pools along the way.
• Lunch stop: Spend approximately 30 minutes at Reggae Hill (optional lunch purchase).
• Shopping stop at Culture Touch, dependent on time constraints and tour guide's discretion.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Change of clothes
• Insect repellent
• Bottled water
• Towel (from ship)
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Shoes with non-slip soles or water shoes
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• The travel time to the Falls is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. Local traffic conditions my affect the total travel time.
• Guests are required to wear water shoes while climbing the falls and hold hands with others in your group. Water shoes are available for purchase from your tour guide. You can reserve them on the bus and they will be picked up from the tour operator's vehicle on the way to the Falls.
• Due to the popularity of this site, expect to wait in long lines to enter with large crowds encountered once in the falls. You may have to wait for upo to 90 minutes for a certified Falls Guide to escort you on your climb. Your patience is appreciated.
• The water-covered rocks in the falls are slippery and extreme caution must be used at all times; you are supporting others while making the climb. There is a high risk of slips and falls. This tour is a strenuous hiking activity.
• Due to time constraints, guests may not be able to climb to the top of the falls and may do a partial climb instead. Climbing Dunn's River Falls is optional on this tour.
• Pregnant woman, and guests with limited mobility, knee, back or neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions, or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour—particularly tours categorized as “strenuous”.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be 18 years old in order to drink alcohol.