Your exhilarating boat ride glides along the city’s scenic and historic coast before entering the Rio Wallace River. Lookout for crocodiles, iguanas, howler monkeys and even a feeding manatee or dolphin, which may appear during your 2-hour tour. You’ll visit the Iguana Stop for 30-45 minutes to browse the gift shops or buy a delicious local lunch. Your adventure continues by bus to the ancient city of Altun Ha, the Mayan ceremonial center comprising of two plazas and 13 structures, one of which is the Temple of the Sun—a vital trade center during the Classic Period (250-900 AD).
• Boat Ride: See the city’s scenic coast and glide along the Rio Wallace during your 2-hour tour.
• Iguana Stop: Browse the gift shop or buy a delicious local lunch.
• Altun Ha: Encounter pyramids and intriguing artifacts—including the jade head of Mayan sun god Kinich Ahau—at this ancient Mayan ceremonial center.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Stone steps allow visitors to climb the main temple (weather permitting).
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Tour may operate in reverse depending on participation.
• Climbing the ruins is not allowed during or after rain for safety reasons.
• Lunch is available for purchase at the Iguana Stop.