• Cavern Excursion: Swim and wade through underground waterways, and stroll through an amazing subterranean world.
• Buffet: Enjoy a lunch of soup, chicken, rice, beans, handmade tortillas, salads, fresh fruit, and water.
What to Bring:
What to Wear:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Camera (cannot use the camera inside the cavern, only during your free time in Playa del Carmen and/or outside the cavern)
• Sun protection (should not be applied before the tour inside the cavern)
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
• Change of clothes
• Insect repellent (should not be applied before the tour inside the cavern)
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Reef socks/water shoes
Awards and Certifications:
• This tour operates under all weather conditions.
• Uneven ground inside the system.
• The ferry to and from Playa del Carmen is included.
• Guests can purchase photo packages for an additional charge.
• Watches, jewelry, photo or video cameras are not allowed inside the underground river.
• For safety reasons guests with mobility issues, pregnant women, guests with heart or respiratory conditions and those with back/neck injuries and/or recent surgeries are not allowed to participate.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, pre-existing neck, back, knee or shoulder injuries, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• WORLD TRAVEL AWARDS (2009-2016)
WTA (worldtravelawards.com) for the eighth consecutive year certified AMAZING SECRET RIVER (Rio Secreto S.A. de C.V.) for the Americas as “Mexico & Central America's Leading Nature Reserve”.
• EARTH-CHECK SILVER CERTIFICATION (2016)
EarthCheck (earthcheck.org) verified that AMAZING SECRET RIVER (Rio Secreto S.A. de C.V.) is truly committed to our environment and continues evaluating our company to achieve the following levels.
• NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TOP 10 FAMILY ACTIVITIES
Nat Geo (travel.nationalgeographic.com/top-10/maya-family-activities) includes AMAZING SECRET RIVER (Rio Secreto S.A. de C.V.) in its Top Ten of “Maya-Themed Family Activities”.
• TRIP ADVISOR 2015 “HALL of FAME”
Trip Advisor (tripadvisor.com) honored AMAZING SECRET RIVER (Rio Secreto S.A. de C.V.) with a place in the “Hall of Fame” for 5 years of consecutively receiving the “Certificate of Excellence”.
• DISTINCTIVE “S” (2016)
The "S" distinctive is a recognition of good sustainable practices in the development of tourism projects and the commitments of tourism companies operating in Mexico, under the global criteria of sustainability. (“Sectur” – Tourism Board - national certification)