Delight in Icy Strait Point?s natural splendors as you embark on a guided walking tour of the lush Spasski River Valley in search of bears and other wildlife. Learn about the area?s ecology and Hoonah village?s fascinating Tlingit population en route to Spasski River. Explore the rugged bush country on foot, walking along the ?trail of the bears?, while keeping an eye out for Alaskan coastal brown bears, Sitka black-tailed deer, and soaring bald eagles.
• Commentated Drive: Listen along as your guide provides an ecology background and describes the history of Hoonah's thriving Tlingit community.
• Spasski River Valley: The bush country lining the river is home to a large concentration of Alaskan Coastal brown bears.
• Guided Walking Tour: Journey along the "trail of the bears", where you might encounter bears, black-tailed deer, or tree-perched eagles.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Warm clothes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Weather conditions in southeast Alaska may change suddenly.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 800 yards over gravel and boardwalk paths.
• Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed.