Enjoy a magical evening cruise that features great food, a relaxing ambiance and guaranteed whale viewing. Following a short motorcoach ride to Auke Bay, board a deluxe catamaran specially designed for wildlife viewing. Relax and dine in the warm, spacious main cabin as the captain sails to Stephens Passage, a pristine marine wilderness surrounded by snow-capped peaks and glaciers. As whales are sighted, the captain gently maneuvers the vessel to allow exceptional viewing opportunities and your naturalist guide will explain the behavior of the humpback whales and other native Alaskan wildlife you may encounter such as killer whales, sea lions, harbor seals and bald eagles.
• Whale Watching: Delight at the blows, breaches and bubblenetting at Stephens Passage, a whale feeding hotspot
• Great Food: Savor a variety of complimentary, locally-sourced appetizers served throughout the voyage.
• Onboard Naturalist: An expert shares insights about the behavior and habitat of marine life that is drawn to the area.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Complimentary coffee, tea and cocoa. Additional beverages available for purchase.
• Alaska themed appetizers.
• Bring a warm jacket for observation deck viewing.
• This tour's operators offer a guarantee - a $100 cash refund per person if no whales are spotted.
• If conditions allow, an underwater hydrophone will be deployed to listen to the "singing" of the whales.