OVERVIEW: Take a scenic ride to the remote and beautiful Mt Potts high country station in the breathtaking Southern Alps, one of the most recognizable locations used in filming the "Lord of the Rings".
HIGHLIGHTS: Drive through the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps, one of the most beautiful spots in all of New Zealand.
NOTES: There is approximately 500 yards of walking over varied surfaces.
Capture photos of the most breathtaking scenery of the Southern Alps at Mount Potts High Country Station. The location was part of the epic “Lord of the Rings” film trilogy. Movie fans will recognize the small hill in the centre plain as Edoras, the fortress city of the Rohan people. Travel with a guide as you explore the serene beauty of the clear lakes that reflect the majestic mountains as you walk the rugged range.
• Take in the spectacular beauty of the Canterbury Plains and the rocky Rakaia Gorge.
• Trek along Mount Sunday, one of the filming locations for the “Lord of the Rings.”
• Enjoy morning tea at a local country store and lunch in the mountains.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Light clothing
• The walk is approximately 500 yards over varied surfaces.