Explore one of the world's most unusual wine regions, where vineyards thrive in the volcanic ash of La Geria valley. You'll see vast stretches of grey-black earth bracketed by extinct volcanoes and punctuated by clusters of green vine, a semi-circular rock wall shielding each from Atlantic trade winds. These ingenious "zocos" allow Lanzarote's vintners to produce famous Malvasia wine. You'll visit three leading wineries, learning more about their methods and tasting the delightful results.
• La Geria Valley: Lanzarote's wine country lies below extinct volcanoes in vast expanses of powdery, grey-black volcanic ash.
• Bodegas El Grifo: Visit the museum and library of the Canary Islands’ oldest winery, producing wines of international prestige.
• Bodega La Geria: Located in Lanzarote’s most important wine growing area, vineyards here gain moisture from volcanic soil.
• Bodega Suarez: Explore a farmhouse dating back to the 17th century, known for producing handmade wines reflecting the Lanzarote traditions.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Weather appropriate loose-fitting clothing
• Walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one mile over flat and cobblestone surfaces, with 40 steps.
• There are limited shopping opportunities on this tour, time permitting.