Gorgeous natural scenes are part of your experience during your visits to Sitka?s Alaska Raptor Center, Sitka National Park, and St. Michael?s Church. Majestic snow-capped mountains sit alongside the seaside community. You?ll notice the forested islands along the coastline, Victorian-styled homes, the impressive Mount Edgecumbe, and the remnants of Russian heritage, like onion-shaped domes, during your scenic motorcoach rides. Discover a sanctuary for injured raptors at the Alaska Raptor Center. It rescues and rehabilitates bald eagles, hawks, owls and other birds of prey. The Flight Training Center provides them the chance to regain their flight abilities. You?ll have the opportunity to see them soar as you listen to your guide explain the Center?s mission. You?ll stroll in the swamp-like muskeg soil and alpine meadow where most of Alaska's bird, plant and wild berries thrive. Spruce and hemlock tower overhead as you walk the scenic coastal trails of Sitka National Historical Park. Stately Tlingit and Haida totem poles lead you through the expansive forest. Here you?ll learn about the Russian traders, the villages of the indigenous people, the rainforest ecosystem, and local plant and animal life. Your walk takes you along the harbor's shoreline to St. Michael?s Cathedral. At the end of the tour, you have the option to explore more of Sitka or stay downtown.
• Alaska Raptor Center: Absorb loads of information about various types of raptors and watch them regain their flight abilities at the Flight Training Center.
• Sitka National Park: See treasured totem poles, majestic mountain ranges and sawgrass prairies as you walk the scenic coastal trails.
• St. Michael the Archangel Cathedral: Look for influences of Russian culture from the art to its depiction of religious objects.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Layered clothing
• Conservative attire required
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Guests walk packed dirt and wooden floors and climb four steps.
• Guests should be comfortable walking and standing for up to an hour.
• Guests with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• No exposed shoulders or knees
• No tank tops or shorts
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.