This 6.5-hour combo excursion includes a ride along the White Pass & Yukon Route Railway, a BBQ at Dredge Town, Alaska 360, and cocktails at Red Onion Saloon. Hop in a vintage railcar for a journey along the "Railway of the World ", as you view sky-high mountains, plunging gorges, gushing waterfalls and tall evergreens along a narrow gauge railroad. In Fraser, BC you'll hop off and take a motor coach through scenic valleys to Dredge Town. Meet costumed storytellers at Alaska 360 who will lead the panning demo. Here you will also learn how to pan for gold and savor an authentic Alaskan BBQ in true Alaskan style, complete with BBQ ribs, baked chicken, salad, baked beans, cornbread and dessert. A short drive back into town leads you to the historic Red Onion Saloon, the city's once-thriving brothel dating back to 1897. Follow the madams upstairs to the Bombay room to check out the bordello's old relics and artifacts, whilst sipping on a complimentary glass of champagne. Cheers to the ultimate Skagway adventure.
“Kindly note that due to operational challenges that would cause delays, a modified version of this tour will run for the 2022 season. The tour will not cross the US/Canadian Border in 2022 and will instead include a round trip White Pass Scenic Railway journey within US Territory”.
• White Pass & Yukon Route: Watch mountains, gorges, waterfalls, and golden history unfold before you on this narrow gauge railway.
• Liarsville: Delve into Alaskan folklore with storytelling, music, gold panning, and a meal of wild salmon plus all the fixings.
• Red Onion Saloon: Hear the story of this old brothel with a madam-led tour and complimentary glass of champagne.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Passport and visa
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Layered clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .02 miles over paved and dirt surfaces, with inclines and about 16 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Packed dirt surfaces at Liarsville may be difficult for wheelchair guests to maneuver.
• Red Onion does not have an elevator to the museum. A madam will sit with guests downstairs during the museum portion of the tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• The Red Onion portion of the tour includes sensitive topics, including prostitution, and the narrative contains innuendo.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• “Kindly note that due to operational challenges that would cause delays, a modified version of this tour will run for the 2022 season. The tour will not cross the US/Canadian Border in 2022 and will instead include a round trip White Pass Scenic Railway journey within US Territory”.