Enjoy family time at the Victoria Bug Zoo and Miniature World, along with a narrated overview of Victoria’s historic downtown. On your half-day tour, see Canada’s largest ant farm and enjoy a hands-on experience with different insects — including a bug lollipop! At Miniature World, see the world’s smallest model railway and two enormous doll houses dating back to the 1880s. Plus see Victoria’s major sites, including the 19th-century Beacon Hill Park and château-style Empress Hotel.
• Victoria Bug Zoo: See about 40 species of insects, arachnids and myriapods; hold some of these fascinating creatures.
• Miniature World: See more than 85 miniature dioramas and displays, including a model railway and working sawmill.
• Downtown highlights: See mile 0 of the Trans-Canada Highway, ornate Parliament Buildings, the scenic Inner Harbour, historic Chinatown and more.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Layered clothing
• Walking shoes
• Venues are wheelchair accessible; the restroom in Bug Zoo is not.
• Restroom in Miniature World is not wheelchair accessible, but guests can use nearby Empress Hotel’s accessible restroom.
• Bug Zoo has flat, carpeted surfaces with no steps; guests can expect minimal walking but will be standing during visit.
• Miniature World has flat, carpeted surfaces with no steps; guests can expect some walking and will be standing during visit.
• Between venues, there is a 265-yard walk on a gently sloping sidewalk; use caution when crossing the controlled intersection.
• Please be aware that the temperature inside the bug zoo is maintained between 75F and 83F for the survival and comfort of the insects. Anyone feeling uneasy or uncomfortable should make the staff aware right away.