OVERVIEW: This tour combines the Seaworld Explorer underwater viewer experience with a fully narrated island tour.
HIGHLIGHTS: Explore Nassau above and below the water. Descend five feet below the water's surface on the Seaworld Explorer. Visit the highlights of Nassau including Bay Street, the Queen's Staircase, and Fort Fincastle.
This tour combines the Seaworld Explorer underwater viewer experience with a fully narrated island tour.
- Explore Nassau above and below the water
- Descend five feet below the water's surface on the Seaworld Explorer
- Visit the highlights of Nassau including Bay Street, Government Houses, the Queen's Staircase and Fort Fincastle.
After a 15-minute walk, a transfer boat shuttles you to the Sea Gardens Marine Park at Athol Island. Along the way, enjoy a scenic ride through the Nassau Harbor, past Paradise Island. Upon arrival, board the Seaworld Explorer, a unique vessel that remains above sea level at all times while its hull, the underwater observatory, is five feet below the surface. Through your own personal viewing window, observe a delicate colony of coral, known as the "Sea Gardens," populated with many varieties of colorful tropical fish.
Upon completing the underwater portion of your tour, an air-conditioned bus and knowledgeable guide will take you on a tour of Nassau. Sights include Bay Street, Rawson's Square, Parliament buildings, and the Supreme Court. The bus also stops at Fort Fincastle, which sits atop one of the highest points on Nassau and is adjacent to the Queen's Staircase. Next, continue to the Governor's Mansion before returning to the pier.
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port.
- Sun protection and sunglasses
What to Wear:
- Recommend wearing light clothing and comfortable walking shoes