Join a trip where you will visit two of Bermuda's most famous shipwrecks, the Constellation and the Montana. Situated on the very edge of the surrounding reef, they are home to an abundance of coral and fish. En route the captain will give you a history on Bermuda and some of the shipwrecks. Upon arrival you will be issued with snorkel equipment and given a briefing on how you may best enjoy up to one hour of snorkeling at the site. Participants must be able to swim in water too deep to stand. Complimentary Rum Swizzle and soft drinks on the return cruise.
Snorkel at two famous Bermuda shipwrecks, each situated on the edge of a surrounding reef loaded with colorful coral and fish. This beautiful reef is also treacherous, and has more than 300 shipwrecks to prove it. The Constellation, a wooden-hulled four-master built in 1918, had a checkered history before sinking as a cargo boat in 1943. Scattered remains of the Montana went down more than 150 years ago, but her iron paddlewheel frames remain intact.
• Constellation: Snorkel among an array of fish populations, including parrot fish, trumpets and juveniles.
• Montana: Heavily overgrown with coral, remaining structures are adorned with hard and soft corals, attracting grey snappers and barracuda.
• Bermuda Waters: Both sites lead to spectacular corals, colorful algae, and a multitude of fish, from predators to Bermuda chubs.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel from ship
• Change of clothes
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit with cover-up or light clothing
• Persons with back problems or physical disabilities should not select this tour.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or other medical conditions should take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Safety briefing and equipment provided.
• Minimum one hour snorkel time.
• Tour intended for confident swimmers and is weather dependent.
• Alternate reef site or glass bottom view of inshore shipwreck may be substituted in inclement conditions.
• One complimentary rum swizzle and soft drinks on return.
• Guests must be comfortable swimming in water too deep to stand.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.