OVERVIEW: A good option for those looking for some time to explore and shop in Marigot with some time on the beach as well.
HIGHLIGHTS: Before meeting on the pier for your tour, you have time for independent shopping in Philipsburg at your leisure. Make your way back to the ship's pier, enjoy a bus ride and browse the stores, boutiques and the restaurants in Marigot (approximate 2 hours). Relax on the beach chair at the beach. NOTES: Lunch is not included in this tour,however, Marigot offers an excellent variety of restaurants and cafés. Most shops in Marigot will be closed on Sundays and holidays. Guests meet on the pier and from there will be escorted to the transportation.
A good option for those looking for some time to explore and shop in Marigot with some time on the beach as well.
- Time for independent shopping in Philipsburg before the start of the tour.
- Browse and shop the stores and boutiques in Marigot (approx. 2 hrs).
- Relax on a beach chair at the beach.
For those who love to shop, this tour allows plenty of opportunities. You will be escorted to the transportation which will whisk you away for a narrated ride through the Dutch capital and over the Cole Bay Hill, offering a spectacular view of the Simpson Bay Lagoon.
The tour continues through local villages, past the border monument and into the French capital of Marigot. You’ll have two hours to explore this attractive port city with its sidewalk cafés, open-air markets, and fashionable shops and boutiques. You’ll find a wonderful selection of everything from West Indian souvenirs, art and jewelry to gemstones and electronics. Your guide will assist you with shopping information and the safe storage of items you have purchased.
Your tour continues into the countryside through quaint villages to a beautiful Caribbean beach getaway. You’ll enjoy a complimentary drink while taking time to relax in a beach chair at the water's edge. Beach umbrellas, when available, are an additional fee.
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port.
- Towel (available onboard the ship)
- Sun protection
- Money for shopping / souvenirs
What to Wear:
- Wear your bathing suit under your clothes if you plan to swim at the beach.
- Guests meet on the pier and from there will be escorted to the transportation.
- Lunch is not included with this tour. Marigot offers an excellent variety of restaurants and cafés.
- Most shops in Marigot will be closed on Sundays and holidays.