Hike downhill past the ruins of an historic St. Maarten's sugar plantation on a challenging two-hour island trek. Delight in spectacular views overlooking seven neighboring islands on a narrated drive to St. Maarten’s highest point. Get new perspectives as your guide relates island history. Then prepare to navigate steep terrain as you begin your journey down. See ruins of the abandoned sugar plantation as your guide regales you with folk tales. Enjoy a rum or fruit punch drink afterwards.
• Loterie Farm: A bus drop-off at this private nature reserve starts your open-air truck safari to the mountaintop.
• All-Downhill Trek: Enjoy spectacular views and colorful folktales as you hike downhill past the ruins of an historic sugar plantation.
• Plantation Ruins: Explore the remnants of an abandoned sugar plantation from 1848 as your guide describes the flora and fauna.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent What To Wear:
• Hiking boots or sneakers
• Lightweight clothing Important Notes:
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions, or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour—particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk over uneven surfaces on steep terrain.