Find out about the history of Gothenburg and the significance of the canals to Gothenburg as a trade centre. Then continue down to the water to admire the famous Gothenburg Opera House. Drive west along the harbour to the cultural point "Klippan". Learn more about the old working quarters of Majorna and Masthugget. See the famous statue "Poseidon" by Carl Mille rising above the famous square called Goetaplatsen and overlooking the main street, Avenyn with its many pubs, shops and restaurants. Enjoy some free time for shopping before continuing the tour with a visit to Masthugg Church.
See Gothenburg’s leading landmarks and one of Europe’s foremost botanical gardens, with free time for shopping on Avenyn, Gothenburg’s grand main boulevard. You’ll see Gustav Adolf’s Square, home to the famous Gothenburg Opera House, and Gotaplatsen Square’s Poseidon Museum of Art, City Theater and Concert Hall. Visit Masthugg Church, with its landmark tower and hilltop views. Stroll the grounds of Gothenburg’s stunning Botanical Garden, displaying 16,000 plant and flowers from all over the world.
• City Tour: See Gotaplatsen and Gustav Adolf’s squares, Gothenburg’s cultural and civic hubs, with free time to explore.
• Masthugg Church: This chapel stands on a high hill with a 200-ft. clock tower and has spectacular city views.
• Botanical Garden: Explore acres of exotic plants and flowers, featuring Rhododendron Valley, the Japanese Glade and the Rock Garden.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses