There's a Belgium beyond the city streets and this tour takes you into the countryside to experience it. You'll stop at the village of Damme, known for its love of books. Continue past the medieval walls of Bruges before stopping at a Belgian chocolate shop. Finally, discover the prominent role the Castle of Loppem played in Belgium history at the end of WWI. This tour is recommended for guests with walking difficulties and who can negotiate a few steps.
Relax on a motor coach journey through the countryside on a narrated tour with free time in an old-fashioned Flemish village. You’ll see the huge walls that protected Bruges for centuries and stop at one of Flanders’ largest chocolate shops. Visit Damme, a small town that retains its historic charm. Browse a village bookstore, or relax in a cafe. You’ll also see Loppem Castle, a Neo-Gothic masterpiece surrounded by ponds and a shrubbery maze.
• Rural Flanders: See the farms, windmills and gently rolling landscapes of northern Belgium’s scenic countryside.
• Damme: This quaint village retains its historic charm with windmills, tree-lined roads, classic architecture, cafes and bookstores.
• Loppem Castle: Admire this perfectly preserved Neo-Gothic castle, ringed by beautiful parkland, ponds and a shrubbery maze.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes
• Amount of walking on this tour is at guest’s discretion.