Enjoy an informative and concise tour of Iceland?s colorful capital, Reykjavik. See how volcanic landscapes, cityscapes and seascapes yield unforgettable panoramic views. Hear tales of Viking settlers. Learn how the city harnessing its geothermal energy to heat its homes and buildings. Locate the crest of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, where the Eurasia and North America tectonic plates meet. Plus take in the many faces of Iceland?s amazing architecture, both past and present.
• So many volcanoes: Iceland features hundreds of volcanoes; about 30 of these volcanic systems are considered active.
• Mythical beginnings: Upon arrival, the first settlers tossed enormous wooden pillars overboard, settling where the gods washed them ashore ? Reykjavik.
• Clean, green and proud of it: About 90 percent of households in Iceland keep warm using geothermal energy.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes