From Klaksvík, we drive through the 5,6 km long subsea tunnel (150m beneath sea level) between Klaksvík and Leirvík and up north through the Skála fjord passing idyllic villages. We drive through the tunnel to the west side of Eysturoy and head towards the village of Eidi were we cross the mountains to Gjógv. On the way, we stop at viewpoint Eidi overlooking this beautiful village.
Discover the picturesque mountain and coastal villages of the Faroe Islands on a narrated scenic drive. Enjoy rugged countryside views en route to a panoramic photo stop from a high point over beautiful Eidi village. See “The Giant and the Hag” rock pillars rise from the sea, and 2,900-ft. Slaettaratindur, the tallest mountain in the Faroes. Pause for photos with views over Funningur village and the northern islands.
• Guided Drive: Enjoy views of verdant fjord countryside, with a photo stop overlooking the cottages at Eidi village.
• The Giant and the Hag: Learn the Faroe folk legend behind these two rock columns protruding from the sea.
• Slaettaratindur Mountain and Funningur: See the highest mountain in the Faroe Islands, with a photo stop overlooking Funningur village.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses