Get an upclose view of Central Florida’s wildlife on your kayaking tour. The Indian River Lagoon has a diverse ecosystem. It is home to thousands of animals and plant species including hundreds of fish and bird species. As your experienced and professional guide prepares you for the tour, you’ll have a chance to select from a variety of colorful and bioluminescent kayaks. You’ll listen to a safety briefing before towing your kayak into the water. Once you launch, paddle at leisure pace through the relaxing shallow waters. As you slice your paddle through the water and stroke, you’ll notice swirls of water from your paddle produce a unique wave pattern. Continue to float through mangrove tunnels and past miniature islands and glide along the pristine water. You’ll have many chances to observe the natural environment surrounding you. Some wildlife will go about their daily routine in the open while others will suddenly reveal themselves along your route. Besides seeing osprey soar over your head as you pass the mangroves, you may also come across manatees, dolphins, snowy egrets, brown pelicans, southern stingrays and other marsh animals as you paddle up the Indian River’s endangered estuary and past expansive grassy flats.
• Kayaking: Launch your kayak into the Indian River Lagoon for and glide in the diverse ecosystem.
• Wildlife: See wildlife like ospreys soar overhead, cross expansive grassy flats, and roam the waters like dolphins and manatees.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Insect repellent
• Bottled Water
• Change of Clothes
• Towel from ship
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Guests with back or neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests with mobility issues should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Avoid alcohol before water activities.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Wildlife sightings are likely but not guaranteed.