Experience the trails of Acadia National Park by bike. You will be outfitted with a helmet and mountain bike. Participants must be able to pedal a bicycle approximately 5 miles over moderate terrain with some uphill climbs. It is suggested that you dress in loose, comfortable layers, bring a wind/waterproof jacket and wear sturdy shoes Participants should be aware that there are certain inherent risks involved with any cycling excursion. Minimum age to participate is 12 years.
Explore the stunning scenery of Acadia National Park on a guided bike tour that follows recently refurbished carriage trails, originally created by John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Hop aboard a custom-fitted, 24-speed mountain bike engineered for hard-packed gravel terrain, and follow your professional guide along the carriage trails, stopping periodically to hear commentary about the natural features and local history of your surroundings.
• Acadia National Park Carriage Trails: Dating back to 1913, these trails crisscross the park and recently underwent a multi-million dollar refurbishment.
• Guided Bike Tour: Your professional guide leads you along the trails and offers fascinating information about your surroundings.
• Mountain Bike: Enjoy your ride through the park on a custom 24-speed bike, designed specifically for gravel terrain.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Comfortable, weather appropriate clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Biking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to pedal a bicycle approximately five miles over moderate terrain with some uphill climbs.
• Bike and helmet provided.
• Guests should be aware certain inherent risks are involved with any cycling excursion.