Saint John boasts over 400 years of history and this tour takes you to the best of the "Greatest Little City in the East". Explore the Carleton Martello Tower, built as a lookout during the War of 1812. Continue on to the mind-boggling Reversing Falls Rapids and learn why they reverse direction twice each day. You'll also stop at Fort Howe, which sits atop a cliff and offers great views of the harbor below.
Discover prominent landmarks and the historic buildings of Canada's oldest incorporated city. You’ll stop at Carleton Martello Tower, built during the War of 1812 as a precaution against an American attack. Continue to the famous Reversing Falls Rapids at Fallsview Park where your guide will explain how the mighty tides push the river water upstream twice a day. Pass Fort Howe and its lofty harbor views, then enjoy free time at the Old City Market.
• Carleton Martello Tower: Survey the harbor from an old fort, and visit the tower, built during the War of 1812.
• Reversing Falls Rapids: At Fallsview Park you’ll learn how the mighty tides push the river water upstream twice a day.
• Old City Market: Spend 20 minutes or so, exploring the market and chatting with friendly locals.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one-fourth mile over even surfaces.
• There are approximately 30 steep steps to enter various levels of Carleton Martello Tower.