This sightseeing tour by motor coach takes in the picturesque, historic, and entertaining city of Portland which incorporates the character and charm of its past with a developing urban community. Guests must be able to walk approximately 200 yards (optional) over even surfaces with 2 - 3 steps.
A sightseeing motor coach tour takes you through the picturesque, historic, and entertaining city of Portland. The scenic drive passes the quaint streets of the Old Port where red brick buildings house charming restaurants, pubs, unique boutiques and galleries. Your tour continues past historic Victorian homes to Portland's Art district and the thriving commercial district. Ride to Fort Williams, a former military outpost, now home to Portland Head Light, the oldest lighthouse in Maine.Highlights:
• Old Port: Enjoy the effect of street lanterns highlighting a gracious mix of architectural styles along Portland's historic waterfront district.
• Arts District: In streets that once held department stores, Portland has installed impressive museums, theaters, and other cultural centers.
• Portland Head Light: Take pictures of Maine's oldest lighthouse, faithfully guarding Portland Harbor at Cape Elizabeth since 1791.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 600 feet (optional) over even surfaces with 2 - 3 steps.