This tour offers an opportunity to see Portland as very few people see it - by horse drawn wagon. Enjoy the rustic beauty of a 19th-century horse drawn wagon sightseeing tour through the narrow streets of Portland as your guide points out all the historical sites.
Enjoy the rustic beauty of a 19th century horse-drawn wagon ride, ambling through the city of Portland. Your matched team of horses trots through narrow streets as your guide points out historical sites. You'll ride past Portland's working waterfront, the Eastern Promenade with its spectacular views of Casco Bay and the Calendar Islands, the Portland Observatory and Monument Square. See the Portland Museum of Art, Civic Center and beautiful Victorian homes.Highlights:
• Wagon Ride: Ride through Portland in a horse drawn wagon, passing contemporary and historical buildings, including Henry Longfellow's home.
• Portland Waterfront: Thriving harbor activities exist side by side with retail venues established in former warehouses.
• Arts District: Trot past theatres, arts schools, galleries and museums, including Portland Museum of Art designed by I.M. Pei.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Participants must be able to negotiate three large steps to embark/disembark the wagon.