History comes alive on our authentic Double-Decker bus painted pink to support Breast Cancer. This 1.5 hour city tour with your local guide will take you along the waterfront and through the heritage district of Charlottetown. Learn the story of Charlottetown's origins and its growth into a prosperous community during the Victorian Era. Experience the heritage and see some of the beautiful homes left behind and public buildings of wood, sandstone and brick.The tour concludes with a guided walk up Great George Street, a charming national Historic District where you will walk in the historic footsteps of the Fathers of Confederation and learn first hand about Canadian Confederation.
Travel to Charlottetown, capitol of Prince Edward Island province, on a pink Double-Decker bus. This 1-1/2 hour tour takes you along the waterfront and through the heritage district. A local guide will tell you about the prosperous days of the Victorian era, and the famous Conference of 1864, which designated this city as Canada’s birthplace. The tour includes a walk up Great George Street, a charming national Historic District, and free time to explore.
• Charlottetown: Learn about development of the Canadian nation on your tour of waterfront and heritage districts.
• Great George Street: Follow your guide through historic streets taking you past Saint Dunstan's Basilica and concluding at Province House.
• Pink Double-Decker: See Charlottetown’s waterfront and heritage districts aboard a pink bus. Tour funds help support the Breast Cancer Foundation.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• A contribution from your tour ticket helps support the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.
• On selected days, big pink buses may be used along with double deckers.