Best explored on foot, your experienced guide will make the history of Québec come alive as you walk the charming cobblestone streets of the Old Town. Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.5 miles (2.5 hours of slow walking) over even and cobblestone surfaces with a few inclines and steps.
Walk the cobblestone streets of Vieux Québec, North America’s only walled city. Your guide will bring history alive at Place Royale, site of Québec’s first settlement and the heart of Lower Town. You’ll see Notre Dame des Victories Catholic church and visit Petit Champlain, with quaint boutiques, street performers and outdoor cafés. Then take the funicular to Upper Town to walk along Dufferin Terrace in view of Chateau Frontenac and the St. Lawrence River.
• Vieux Québec: Learn about the only walled city in North America, and see historic sites throughout the old city.
• Lower Town: Visit historic Place Royale, and walk through Petit Champlain with street performers, boutiques, and outdoor cafés.
• Upper Town: View castle-like Chateau Frontenac, Québec’s best-known landmark, and stroll along St. Lawrence River at Dufferin Terrace.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk slowly for approximately 1-1/2 miles during 2-1/2 hours, over even and cobblestone surfaces with a few inclines and steps.