The ultimate island tour - Best Views, Best Beach & Best Shopping! Lovely island vistas abound on the way to St. Thomas' famous Mountain Top 2100 feet above the harbor, with its largest collection of gifts and 180* spectacular panoramic views of St. John, the British Virgin Islands, and Magen's Bay Beach which is next for 2hrs of swimming and beach time. While winding down Mafolie Hill you will have another photo opportunity of your ship in the harbor & downtown "Main Street;" St. Thomas' shopping Mecca. Your driver will drop you off for 2 hours of shopping time then at a designated time & place along with your gifts, images & memories your driver will return you to your ship.
The ultimate island tour - Best Views, Best Beach & Best Shopping! Lovely island vistas abound on the way to St. Thomas' famous Mountain Top 2100 feet above the harbor, with its largest collection of gifts and 180* spectacular panoramic views of St. John, the British Virgin Island's, and Magen's Bay Beach which is next for 2hrs of swimming and beach time.
- wireless headsets for clearer narration from driver/guide
- Visit St. Thomas’ Mountain Top oldest & largest attraction.
- Island sightseeing great overviews – British Virgin Islands, harbor views, ship in port
- Visit to the Famous heart shaped “Magen’s Beach “ 2 hours swimming time – entrance included
- Down Town Main Street for 2 hours of shopping time
- Includes transfer back to ship
The ultimate island tour - Best Views, Best Beach & Best Shopping! Your safari bus will take you on a scenic guided island drive using "live-wire" headsets to our first venue, famous "Mountain Top", the oldest & highest attraction (2100') in St Thomas, formerly known as 'Signal Hill' in the 1940's by the U.S. Strategic Commission. This location provides great photo opportunities and 180* panoramic views of most of the U.S. & British Virgin Islands from Magen's Bay (your next stop) to Virgin Gorda on the horizon. Also at Mountain.Top is the largest collection of gifts, T-shirts & Souvenirs in the Caribbean. Try a famous "Banana Daiquiri" inspired ion 1953 by Capt George Soule of Barbados.We then head down past 'Drake's Seat' to the palm-lined crystal clear waters of Magens Bay, a mile of white sandy beach known to be amongst the best in the world. The beach and adjacent Conservancy & Arboretum was gifted to St. Thomas by Arthur Fairchild in 1945 as a public park.
Legend has it that Sir Francis Drake used this tranquil anchorage to hide & wait for passing ships to plunder! After 2 hrs of beach time, via an overlook of St Thomas town & harbor, your driver will drop you in "Charlotte Amalie" Mainstreet, founded in 1666 as "Taphaus", later named after Queen Consort to King Christian of Denmark. You will have approx 2 hrs amongst the best selection of shopping for jewelry, electronics, souvenirs & gifts, brand name stores, bars & restaurants. Visit Vendors Plaza & Barter for inexpensive 'designer'-style items, hair braiding & local crafts. Explore the old alleyways & buildings, built with Ballast Bricks from old sailing Schooners &trading ships.
At a designated time & place your driver will return you to your ship, along with your gifts, images & memories of this fully inclusive experience.
If you need more time downtown you will have to make your own way back to ship.
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port
- Camera, cash for shopping (all stores accept credit cards)
- Sun protection, sunglasses, change of clothes (if wanted) and bottled water as it can be quite warm/sunny in the Caribbean
What to Wear:
- Coverups, swimsuits and /or bring change of clothes for after the beach for downtown shopping.
- Note in town guests must wear coverups, shirts, shoes – no swim attire allowed.
- As this tour goes to beach guests should bring sunscreen, hats, coverups, towels and cash for shopping and change of clothes (if guests want).
- On Sundays, the majority of shops downtown will close at 2pm – in this case the tour will be operated in the reverse order… i.e. town first , island sightseeing and beach before returning to ship.