Escape into a biodiverse wonderland, and discover the 1000 Islands of Cocoa Beach. Your eco-tourism cruise will gently glide through the saltwater marsh and the extensive network of mangrove tunnels in the Indian River Lagoon. The numerous islands and channels create an elaborate maze that covers nearly 340 acres. The area is home to more than 4,000 plant and animal species. Your guide will provide narration while navigating the waterways on a preplanned route. Relax as you explore the endangered estuary's tranquil waters. Herds of manatees float through these waters. Flocks of birds like eagles, ospreys, and grey blue heron perch on the limbs of trees and soar overhead in the sky. Wading birds roost in the mangroves. Playful bottle-nosed dolphins will likely join you on your journey. The waters also include teems of redfish and sea trout. You’ll even get a glimpse of how the locals live. Their waterfront homes line the canals, and the waterways will reveal hidden hammocks. This two-hour tour occurs at leisure pace offering you opportunities to observe the surroundings, capture photos, and listen to the natural sounds of its wildlife like the “pheew” noise of a manatee as it rises to the surface.
• 1000 Islands: Ease into the biodiverse ecosystem on a narrated pontoon tour and navigate the network of mangrove tunnels.
• Wildlife: See herds of manatees, flocks of birds, and playful dolphins along your journey.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Closed-toe shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.