Discover Saint John’s architectural treasures and vibrant culture on a guided walking tour, passing historic churches, shopping in bustling markets and admiring stunning structures. Trek through Uptown, where you’ll learn about the Great Fire of 1877, which destroyed more than 1,600 urban buildings. Peruse sprawling City Market, where local merchants sell crafts, fresh seafood and produce. Roam the Trinity Royal Preservation Area, lined with Victorian buildings boasting stained glass windows and charismatic gargoyle statues.
• Guided Walking Tour: Travel through Uptown, the old business district, and learn about the destructive Great Fire of 1877.
• City Market: Admire ornate Second Empire architecture while browsing kiosks packed with crafts, fresh seafood and produce.
• Trinity Royal Preservation Area: See the town’s oldest churches and Victorian buildings, adorned with stained-glass windows and gargoyle sculptures.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• This tour includes a considerable amount of walking.
• Guests should consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.