This tour will be operated in English only. You will be met at the pier in Honningsvag and taken by bus to the lavvocamp at Sarnes. Here a local escort takes you to the pier where the King Crabs will be caught. The crabs needed for cooking will be brought back to the lavvo, 20 yards from the pier. A small meal of the crabs will be prepared and served in the lavvo. The King Crab is served with bread, lemon, mayonnaise and mineral water.
Savor Norway’s best known delicacy— the sweet taste of freshly caught king crab. From the pier in Honningsvag, gateway to the North Cape, you ride to Sarnes where a local escort takes you to the king crab pier. Watch the crab being caught and later cooked, while you sit on reindeer skins in a lavvo, a traditional tent used by the Samis, Norway’s indigenous people. Enjoy crab served with bread, lemon, mayonnaise and mineral water.
• King Crab: Sample the juicy crustacean which can sometimes measure six feet between the claws and weighing 22 pounds.
• Lavvos: Relax and dine in a lavvo, a shelter used by the Samis, similar to Native American teepees.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1200 feet over even and uneven surfaces.
• Guests must be able to handle 2-3 steps.
• Tour will be offered in English only.