This tour is the perfect combination for your day in Cozumel and your immersion into Mexican culture and marine life. You will take a journey through time as you explore Mexico’s ancient civilizations and crafts at Discover Mexico Park. Then spend some time at Chankanaab Marine Park, a tribute to nature as it is a refuge area for some of Cozumel's marine life, flora, and fauna.
- Tour the Discover Mexico Park
- Visit Chankanaab Marine Park with optional snorkeling for an additional fee
Meet your guide at the pier to begin your day at Discover Mexico Park for an exhilarating immersion in Mexico’s culture. Start with an immersive four-screen video collage that takes you to different corners of this marvelous country.
Admire rare black-clay pottery, brilliant textiles, and other handcrafts fashioned by native artisans in the Museum of Popular Arts. Trace the evolution of Mexico’s ancient civilizations as you tour replicas of Chichén Itzá and other pyramids built by the early Aztec, Maya, Olmec, and Totonac people. The Spanish colonial era is reborn in the park’s reproductions of grand monuments and cathedrals.
Leave Mexico’s fascinating past behind as you head over to Cozumel’s popular Chankanaab National Park for the second half of your tour. Chankanaab Park is Cozumel's jewel and one of the greatest tributes to nature in Cozumel, serving as a refuge area for marine life in the area. The pristine sea of Chankanaab is perfect for snorkeling and to explore the wonderful world of coral reefs, colorful fish, and many other surprises. Snorkeling equipment is available for rent for a nominal fee and changing facilities and storage lockers are also available for a fee.
While at Chankanaab, you can don snorkel gear and mingle with rays, sea turtles, and hundreds of colorful fish in the crystalline Caribbean waters surrounding Cozumel’s unspoiled coral reef. You can refuel in its two restaurants or simply enjoy a book in the shade of a palm tree. Join the interactive sea lion show, watch the playful antics of the park’s dolphins, or take a guided tour of the park’s botanical gardens.
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port
- Bathing suit, towel (available onboard the ship) and sunscreen are recommended
- Cash for shopping (most stores accept US dollars and credit cards)
What to Wear:
- Strongly recommend wearing light clothing and comfortable walking shoes
- For the snorkel portion of the tour, pregnant women are not allowed to participate.
- Guests should consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition should take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements. Guests who have concerns should consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.