Experience cooking fine traditional Mexican cuisine while guided by a prestigious chef. After cooking, you will be served your own creations accompanied by Mexican wines and then treat yourself with over 20 services and attractions included at the beach.
- Highlights: Lean how to cook Mexican dishes. Eat your own creation for lunch accompanied by Mexican wines. Relax at the beach and go for a swim.
- Notes: Medical restrictions apply. Guests must be a minimum of 18 years of age to consume alcoholic beverages and a photo I.D. will be required. Guest must be self sufficient and able to stand for at least 90 minutes.
Tantalize your taste buds with a Mexican cuisine cooking class at the exceptional Playa Mia Grand Beach and Waterpark, where you’ll also enjoy the beach at your leisure. Strap on an apron and get in the kitchen with an outstanding local chef, as you learn Mexican culinary traditions while preparing a variety of dishes using regional ingredients. Then take a seat in an oceanfront dining room and savor the three-course meal you prepared, including chipotle-style shrimp or chicken tacos, chili-spiced fish filet and caramelized plantains with a chocolate and tequila sauce — all accompanied by Mexican wine. After your culinary experience step outside and delight in a couple of hours at the beachside water park, complete with an open bar serving select cocktails, soda and coffee. Splash around the Floating Park, encounter a pirate ship in the Buccaneers’ Bay kids area, relax in the Oasis Island pool or hydro massage tub, brave the 200-foot-long Twin Twister waterslide, shop, or rent snorkel or scuba gear and explore an underwater Mayan city. Enjoy access to lounge chairs, kayaks, paddleboats, Hobie cats, floating mats, hammocks and more. You can do it all, or do nothing but nap under shady palms — the choice is yours.
• Cooking Class: Learn the secrets behind Mexican cuisine with an expert chef, then savor a three-course meal prepared by you.
• Playa Mia: At this spectacular beach and action-packed waterpark, you’ll enjoy an open bar and endless seaside activities.
• Free Time: Enjoy more than two hours to swim, relax poolside, brave waterslides, shop for souvenirs, or participate in water sports.
What to bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Biodegradable Sun protection
Towel (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Water shoes
• Walking shoes
• Change of clothes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 0.30 miles and be able to endure long periods of standing.
• All sites are wheelchair accessible but ramps are available at cooking venue only.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Medical restrictions may apply to participate in certain activities.
• Some beach services and attractions are subject to age, height and/or weight requirements.