Tantalize your taste buds with a Mexican cuisine cooking class at the exceptional Playa Mia Grand Beach & Waterpark, where you’ll also enjoy the beach at your leisure. Toss on an apron and get in the kitchen with an outstanding local chef, where you’ll learn Mexican culinary traditions while preparing a variety of dishes using regional ingredients. Then take a seat in an oceanfront dining room and savor the three-course meal you prepared, including chipotle-style shrimp or chicken tacos, chili-spiced fish filet and caramelized plantains with a chocolate and tequila sauce—all paired with Mexican wines. After your culinary experience, step outside and delight in a couple of hours at the beachside water park, complete with an open bar. Splash around the floating park, encounter a pirate ship in the Buccaneer’s Bay kids area, relax in the Oasis Island pool or hydro massage tub, brave the 200-foot-long Twin Twister waterslide, or rent snorkel/scuba gear and explore an underwater Mayan city. You can do it all–or do nothing but nap under shady palms—the choice is yours.
• Cooking Class: Learn the tradition behind Mexican cuisine with an expert chef, then savor a three-course meal prepared by you.
• Playa Mia: Enjoy an open bar and endless seaside activities at this spectacular beach and action-packed waterpark.
• Free Time: Enjoy more than 1.5 hours of free time to swim, relax poolside, brave waterslides, shop for souvenirs, or participate in water sports.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
• Insect repellent
• Change of clothes What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Water shoes Important Notes:
• Medical restrictions may apply to participate in certain activities. Some beach services and attractions are subject to age, height and/or weight requirements. All sites are wheelchair accessible but ramps are available at cooking venue only.
• Guests must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests must be able to walk approximately 0.30 miles and be able to endure long periods of standing.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves, and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.