Ft. Lauderdale Land and Sea (Ends at MIA) - FT17
OVERVIEW: On land and water, you will see the historic sites of world famous Ft. Lauderdale, "The Venice of America".
HIGHLIGHTS: An air-conditioned bus ride through Ft. Lauderdale's city highlights. Ride on a Mississippi paddle wheeler style boat along the famous Intracoastal Waterway. Drop off at Miami airport.
NOTES: Please verify your flight time prior to booking this tour. This tour is available to guests with domestic flights departing Miami International Airport (MIA) after 3:30 pm, and international flights departing after 4:30 pm.
By land and on the water, you will see the historic sites of world famous Ft. Lauderdale; "The Venice of America".
- An air-conditioned bus ride through Ft. Lauderdale’s City Highlights
- Ride on a Mississippi paddle wheeler style boat along the famous Intracoastal Waterway
- Drop off at Miami airport.
ll Aboard your comfortable, air-conditioned bus, you’ll explore city highlights and historic sights of world famous Ft. Lauderdale. You’ll see the exciting Arts and Sciences District, the lovely Riverwalk and the elegant Las Olas Boulevard, with its boutiques, cafés, and galleries.
Following your city highlights tour by motor coach, you will board a Mississippi paddle wheeler style boat for a 90-minute journey down the New River, out into the Intracoastal Waterway, and into Port Everglades. The lower deck of your boat, the “Carrie B” (or similar,) has plenty of seating, a refreshment area with a full bar and large glass windows for great views of the sights along the shoreline. For those guests who wish to enjoy the warm Florida sun and take advantage of the numerous photo opportunities, the upper deck provides great views as well. On the Intracoastal Waterway, you will see why the city is known as "The Venice of America". You'll see the world-famous Hyatt Pier 66 Resort Hotel and Marina, and Burt Reynolds' restaurant. You’ll pass the Historic Stranahan House, the luxury homes of millionaires, majestic mega yachts, and sleek sailboats. Your captain will provide an ongoing narration about all the points of interest including profiles of cruise ships together with any navy ships and submarines in port. Don't forget to bring your camera and sunscreen for the upper deck!
After your boat ride, the narrated city tour continues to the Miami airport.
What to Bring:
- Sun protection and sunglasses
What to Wear:
- Recommend wearing light clothing and comfortable shoes
- Please verify your flight time prior to booking this tour. This tour is available to guests with domestic flights departing Miami International Airport (MIA) after 3:30pm and international flights departing after 4:30pm.
- A minimum number of participants is required for this tour to operate, thus if the minimum number of participants is not met, the tour is subject to cancellation.