Uncover ancient history as you travel through the Neapolitan countryside to explore the archeological excavations and recovered ruins of ancient seaside resort town, Herculaneum. Drive past Mount Vesuvius, one of the world's most dangerous volcanoes, en route to the Roman city, destroyed by the same eruption that ruined Pompeii. Roam the excavation site, seeing uncovered architecture, Roman artifacts, and household objects. Time permitting, you'll stop at a cameo factory to watch a live shell-carving demonstration.
• Mount Vesuvius: Your scenic journey takes you past the volcano, considered still active, and one of the world's most dangerous.
• Herculaneum: Discovered by accident 300 years ago and still under excavation, the site reveals architecture, fabrics, food and wooden artifacts.
• Cameo Factory: Watch as local artisans carve intricate designs onto seashells during a live demonstration at a local shop.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1-1/2 miles over cobblestones and uneven grounds.
• Time permitting, guests will visit a cameo factory either before or after the visit or Herculaneum excavations.
• For security reasons, it is forbidden to enter inside Herculaneum excavations with big bags, backpacks or trolleys. Please be aware that lockers are not available at the entrance of the excavations.