See Barcelona's architectural landmarks and visit a mountainside abbey. You'll see three masterworks of Antoni Gaudi, Casa Mila, Casa Batllo and Sagrada Familia. Heading to Montserrat, visit the abbey at the peak of the mountain. Your guide will lead you through the monastery to the shrine of the Black Madonna — the Virgin of Montserrat. Then enjoy a choral concert by the abbey's students – the oldest boys’ choir in Europe. Lunch follows in a Montserrat restaurant.
• Montserrat Abbey: Benedictine monks have served the abbey since the 11th century. See the beautiful basilica housing the Black Madonna.
• Montserrat Boys' Choir: Hear exquisite Gregorian chants performed by members of an organization existing since the early 13th century.
• Barcelona Architecture: See masterworks of Spanish architect Antoni Gaudi, including magnificent Sagrada Familia Church, Casa Batllo, and Casa Mila.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Weather appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately two miles over even and cobblestone surfaces, with inclines and 45 to 50 steps.
• No exposed shoulders or knees in Montserrat Abbey.
• Drive to and from Montserrat takes approximately one hour each way.
• Time permitting, guests will have approximately 35 minutes for shopping and browsing.