Tour takes you to Village of Sintra and resort town of Cascais. Pass by Belém Tower as you leave Lisbon. En route to Sintra, travel thru countryside. Stopping in Sintra, you'll see outside of Royal Palace. There will be short stop in the Town Square to shop. In village of Cascais, you'll have time to stroll through its plaza and enjoy its colorful setting and shopping opportunities. After leaving Cascais, your coach will head for the coast and drive along the shores that make up the famous resort areas of the Portuguese Riviera. Note: must walk approx 0.5 mile over cobblestone surfaces with 20 to 35 steps. Tour order may vary but all listed sights will be covered.
Discover picturesque scenery as you travel outside Lisbon to the old world village of Sintra and popular beach town Cascais along the Portuguese Riviera. Voyage along the Tagus River and through scenic hillsides en route to Sintra village, where you'll see stunning 19th-century Romantic architecture with grand palaces and manor houses. Head to picturesque Cascais, a former fishing village complete with dazzling blue waters and the nearby surf-haven Guincho Beach.
• Sintra: Admire 19th-century Romantic architecture and the façade of the Sintra National Palace, one of the area's best-preserved medieval buildings.
• Cascais: Stroll along the popular beach resort town's coast, while relishing its alluring turquoise waters and splendid beaches.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes Important Notes:
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .5 miles over cobblestone surfaces with steps.
• Tour order may vary but all listed sites will be covered.
• In addition to English, this tour is offered in French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
• A minimum of 20 guests are needed for the tour to run in a different language.